Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via Web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a Web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, it can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the terminal computer of the user from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the period of time they remain activated on the terminal equipment we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a Website. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and expire when they log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal so that they are accessed and used in more than one session. They can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, these may be:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a Website, platform or website and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, website or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of users.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
Cookies used on this website
The following identifies the cookies that are being used in this portal, as well as their typology and function:
The websites of the CLÍNICA MEDICA SANTS SL use Google Analytics, a web access analysis service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages. According to the above typology, these are own, session and analysis cookies. You can find more information about this and disable the use of these cookies here.
Through web analytics, information is obtained regarding the number of users accessing the website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used, or the city to which their IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal.
The PORTAL of CLÍNICA MEDICA SANTS SL also uses its own session identification cookie that is used for the maintenance of the user session in the browser. It is an exempted and technical cookie used to ensure the proper functioning of the page.
How to change your cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from CLÍNICA MEDICA SANTS SL or any other website, using your browser. In each browser the operation is different, the 'Help' function will show you how to do it.
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following: